14 Popular Types of CBD Products
There are many different types of CBD products out there, which can get a bit confusing—especially if you’re looking to try it for the first time and aren’t sure yet where to start. So to help you out, we’ve put together this quick and handy guide of the 14 most popular CBD types you can choose from. Ready? Let’s get to it.
The Different Types of CBD
The main thing to know about the different types of CBD is that the key difference between them is almost always going to be consumption methods. CBD dosages, flavor options, and additional (or lack of additional) ingredients often vary within each type. So when you’re considering what type of CBD you want to try, start with deciding on a preferred consumption method and then start digging into all of the other essential details.
With that caveat out of the way, here are 14 of the most popular and consumer friendly forms of CBD.
- Tinctures (flavored and unflavored). Herbal tinctures that combine CBD hemp oil with some kind of solvent, generally alcohol and water. CBD tinctures are applied under the tongue and absorbed into the bloodstream through your saliva glands.
- Capsules and softgels. CBD hemp oil that has been extracted and encapsulated. Capsules and softgels are taken like any other supplement, and are best swallowed with plenty of water.
- Gummies. Squishy edible candies that contain CBD. Generally feature pleasant flavors that can offset the taste of any hemp-based ingredients.
- Chocolate chews. CBD oil that has been infused into a chewy chocolate candy. Some plays on this method include CBD chocolate taffy and CBD chocolate bars.
- Salves. A topical CBD ointment that is rubbed into the skin. Most CBD salves are hard set in their containers and require the warmth of your fingers to apply.
- Body butter. Whipped and/or creamy CBD lotions applied topically to the skin. Often have the added benefit of containing moisturizing and/or skin protecting properties.
- Cooling cream. CBD lotion with the addition of menthol or another cooling ingredient. Provides a rapid cooling effect in addition to the effect of the CBD.
- Roll-ons. Mess-free CBD gels that are rolled on to your skin directly from the container.
- Organic vape oil. CBD vape liquids that are made from organic hemp plants. Consumed by attaching the oil container to a traditional vape pen and inhaling.
- THC-free products. CBD products with non-detectable amounts of THC. Most CBD products contain up to 0.3% THC, which isn’t enough to cause any sort of psychoactive effect but is not allowed for things like professional sports.
- Gum. A discrete consumption method that features CBD infused into a piece of chewing gum. Good for people who like to take their CBD on the go. Gum also offers the best and most efficient delivery of CBD available so you are not wasting money.
- Crystals. Highly refined CBD in its purest state. Crystals contain up to 99% CBD and have been processed to remove other ingredients. Can be consumed on their own or dissolved in other CBD products like tinctures or body butters.
- Suppositories. Pill-sized CBD capsules that are inserted into the vagina or rectum where they dissolve and are absorbed by the blood stream.
- Pet supplements. CBD oils, treats, and salves that are specifically formulated for pets. If you do give your pet CBD, make sure it’s a pet-specific supplement and not intended for human use.
Proud to Be Your #1 Source For CBD Gum
Now that you can answer the question of “what forms does CBD come in?” you can decide the best consumption method for your needs and preferences. And if CBD gum sounds like the way to go, then we’ve got you covered! Shop our CBD Chewing Gum and get minty fresh breath plus a fast dose of CBD. And don’t forget to try our CBD Mints, too!