Note; the use of CBD on a worldwide scale continues to grow in significance. The amount of athletes using CBD has grown substantially. And now many household athlete names have turned to the compound to reap in its benefits.
We know that THC, provides the standard “high” effect from cannabis. Cannabidiol, or CBD, doesn’t alter the mind on a psychoactive level. But, instead interacts with our endocannabinoid system. CBD has become increasingly popular in recent years, athletes of all kinds have found use from its relieving benefits.
Professional Athletes and CBD
There are plenty of athletes using CBD, and many are outspoken in support for its many health benefits and ability to treat pain. For that reason, many of these athletes currently play or have previously played in some of the tougher sports on the body. This growing list includes athletes such as:
Nate Diaz (UFC)
- Nate Diaz previously came into the light after he publicly vaped CBD oil during a news conference following a fight. He explained that the CBD oil was used to treat inflammation. And said that he uses the compound before and after fights and training sessions.
Gabby Douglas (Gymnastics)
- Recognized as first African-American gymnast in Olympic history to become the Individual All-Around Champion. Gabby Douglas is one of the key people behind MotiveCBD – a line of CBD products designed to help athletes recover, train, and perform better.
Eugene Monroe (NFL)
- Painful injuries and concussions are sure to arise when your job is to literally block a charging man from getting by you. For this former NFL offensive tackle, Monroe still experiences pain as a result of the hits he took throughout his career. And even five years after his retirement. Now, he is a part of the ‘When The Bright Lights Fade’ campaign. which pushs for CBD use in sports, as well as further research and calling for the NFL to put an end to the overuse of addictive opioids.
Yair Rodriguez (UFC)
- UFC fighter, Rodriguez claims that Cannabidiol has helped him recover faster after tough workouts and training sessions. He adds that CBD has also helped him relax and get sleep at night.
Lolo Jones (Track & Field, Bobsled)
- The Olympic hurdler has explained in the past the need to partner with high-quality CBD companies. why? To minimize the risk of failing a drug test with THC. She says that CBD can be an excellent natural remedy for inflammation and pain. And has partnered with cbdMD, a top CBD company.
Why Athletes Use CBD
Some of the supposed benefits of CBD for athletes include:
- Helping with sleep and relaxation
- Reducing pain and inflammation
- Decreasing nausea
- Reducing muscle spasms
- Increasing appetite
- Promoting cardiovascular support
Is CBD the Future of Pain Relief?
The use of CBD in sports and for athletes has marked a significant turning point in how athletes recover from training sessions, stress, and manage both occasional and chronic pain. Still, there is a lot to learn about how CBD works and how to best utilize it with athletes. As more research becomes clear, there’s a significant chance we begin to see CBD as a regular treatment for pain and inflammation within the sports world.
MedCBDx has quickly become one of the leading providers of CBD oils and other CBD-based products. With guides and tips into how CBD specifically targets pain, especially for athletes, MedCBDx is at the forefront of turning cannabidiol into pain relief.
Our CBD infused chewing gum and mints are among the best way to feel the benefits of CBD in real time. For more information regarding our products or services, please contact us today to learn more.